Metabolic Weight Loss
Could you have a metabolic weight loss challenge? To find out, check all that apply:
_____ I am gaining weight, with no change to my diet or exercise!
_____ I barely eat anything, but I can’t lose weight!
_____ I gain weight easily unless I severely restrict my diet!
_____ I can’t lose weight, even after cutting calories or changing my diet!
_____ I’ve done popular diet programs and they didn’t work for me!
_____ NOTHING I’m doing to lose weight seems to work!
_____ I wish I had a fast, healthy metabolism that allowed me to look and feel great!
If you checked any of the above statements, you need the Manhattan Metabolism Weight Loss Program from Manhattan Integrative Medicine.
What is a “Manhattan Metabolism?”
When you think about Manhattan, most people think of “the city that never sleeps.” The city is a 24-hour a day, 7-days a week perpetual motion machine. And that’s exactly the kind of metabolism we all want! A Manhattan Metabolism is fast, highly effective, and always “on!” It’s a metabolism that doesn’t get in the way of weight loss…in fact, it actually makes it possible!
When you have a Manhattan Metabolism:
- You won’t struggle with diets that don’t work.
- You won’t watch in frustration as the pounds pile on mysteriously.
Instead, with a Manhattan Metabolism:
- You will have a fine-tuned metabolism and healthy body that work the way they’re supposed to!
- You will feel terrific and look fantastic!
Our Manhattan Metabolic Metabolism Weight Loss Program is not a diet. You don’t need to buy packaged food. There are no calories to count or points to calculate. And no diet pills or surgery.
What is the Manhattan Metabolic Weight Loss Program?
The Manhattan Metabolic Metabolism Weight Loss Program is a comprehensive medically-sound approach. We find—and eliminates–the hidden challenges that get in the way of your weight loss.
With our program, you’ll finally get the metabolism you deserve, and enjoy healthy, lasting weight loss!
Your body will get back in balance. Healthy eating and exercise will finally work for you!
You CAN have a Manhattan Metabolism, and we can help you get it!
You will work with David Borenstein, MD, New York’s leading integrative and functional medicine physician. Dr. Borenstein is an expert on metabolic and hormonal health. He has developed customized, innovative Metabolic Weight Loss Marker Testing for our Manhattan Metabolic Weight Loss Program.
The four innovative assessments include:
- The Manhattan Metabolism HORMONE IMBALANCE Assessment
- The Manhattan Metabolism INFLAMMATION Assessment
- The Manhattan Metabolism RESISTANCE Assessment
- The Manhattan Metabolism NUTRIENT DEFICIENCY Assessment
Based on your results, we will provide medically-sound recommendations and treatment. The result? You’ll feel great, and you’ll finally be successful at weight loss!
Let’s take a look at how the Manhattan Metabolic Weight Loss Program’s unique assessments can get to the root of your metabolic weight loss challenges.
We Rebuild Your Hormonal Engine
Hormones are like messengers, and each one has a job to do…especially when it comes to successful weight loss. When you have too little or too many hormones, they’re out of balance. It’s as if your body’s engine has missing parts and needs an overhaul.
Our Hormone Imbalance Assessment looks at the common hormonal factors that sabotage your metabolism and make weight loss impossible. These include:
- Thyroid Dysfunction – The thyroid is your master gland of metabolism. If your thyroid is sluggish, weight loss is often impossible! Or, you may even gain weight on a low-calorie diet and rigorous exercise program. More than half of all thyroid problems are undiagnosed and untreated! Are you one of them? Some of the key Thyroid Dysfunction Markers we evaluate to find out if your thyroid is interfering with weight loss include TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone), Free Thyroxine (T4), Free Triiodothyronine (T3), Reverse T3, and thyroid antibodies.
- Adrenal Dysfunction – Your adrenal glands manage stress, and help you store and burn fat. When your body is under physical or life stress, everything slows down…except for weight gain! You also become a “Super-Storer,” incredibly effective at storing and holding on to fat and glucose… the exact opposite of what you need to have a Manhattan Metabolism! Some of the Adrenal Dysfunction Markers we evaluate include Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) Sulfate and Cortisol.
- Sex Hormone Dysfunction – Men and women take different metabolic hits from sex hormones, especially after the age of 40. Women’s Sex Hormone Markers evaluated include Progesterone and Estrogen. An excess of estrogen–very common during perimenopause and menopause–causes estrogen dominance, which makes weight loss extremely difficult. (And the added disadvantage of shifting body fat to your belly and hips!) Men’s chief Sex Hormone Marker is Testosterone, which helps you build muscle and burn fat. (AND, keep your manly mojo!)
Once we identify what’s missing and out of balance, we can put it all back together so it works better than ever!
We Spot the Fires and Put Them Out
Inflammation is a major impediment to weight loss. Inflammation makes you less able to get nutrients from food and very good at storing fat. Inflammation also slows your metabolism and puts you at risk of a long list of other health problems.
We evaluate several key Inflammation Markers, including C-Reactive Protein, and Homocysteine, to identify your level of inflammation. And once we spot the fires, we put them out!
We Root Out the Resistance to Weight Loss
Sometimes, when your hormones are imbalanced, your organs stop reacting to hormonal messages. This can happen with insulin. Over time, your body doesn’t listen to or respond well to insulin, a condition known as insulin resistance or metabolic syndrome. This causes your blood sugar levels to rise. Insulin resistance and elevated blood sugar get in the way of weight loss and put you on the path to Type 2 Diabetes.
You also have a hormone called leptin. Leptin’s job is to curb your hunger and promote fat-burning. When your body stops listening to leptin – leptin resistance – you feel hungrier, you need more food to feel full, and your body burns less fat – a triple threat to weight loss.
We look at Insulin and Leptin Resistance Markers—including Fasting Glucose, Hemoglobin A1C, and Leptin—to root out the resistance, and then we can do what’s needed to neutralize the resistance.
We Fill Up the Gas Tank
A great metabolism relies on a steady supply of certain essential nutrients. When you lack essential nutrients, you’re like a car that’s out of gas, running on empty. When you don’t have enough iron, for example, hormones can’t function well, and weight loss can stall. A lack of Vitamin D and Vitamin B-12 leave you exhausted and slow your metabolism.
We evaluate your Nutrient Deficiency Markers—including Ferritin (a stored form of iron), Vitamin B-12, and Vitamin D—to identify depleted vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and amino acids that need to be restored to normal levels so your weight loss works.
Once you fill up the tank, your metabolism can roar!
Your Manhattan Metabolism Weight Loss Action Plan and Results
Your Manhattan Metabolism Action Plan will include integrative treatment that will resolve your hormonal imbalances, calm inflammation, overcome resistance issues, and address nutrient deficiencies. Then, you’re off and running!
Once you have a finely-tuned Manhattan Metabolism, you may already know how and what to eat. But if you need some help, we also have Nutritional Counseling available to finetune your diet.
Once we’ve worked with you:
- Your diet and exercise program will finally work!
- You won’t have to live on 600 calories a day, or a diet of air and lettuce!
- You’ll have a healthy metabolism!
- You’ll feel and look great!
Make it Happen!
Book your consultation now, and you’ll be on your way to getting your Manhattan Metabolism.
Call (212) 262-2412 to make an appointment, or contact us now here.